Alabama Minutemen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting for Alabama folks

4 posters

Go down

Meeting for Alabama folks Empty Meeting for Alabama folks

Post by firefox Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:03 pm

There are some folks from the northern half of Alabama who are interested in meeting up with some others from Alabama. They are on http://www.whenshtf.com in the Southeast section. Something was mentioned about meeting sometime in March (possibly Saturday, March 20) at Oak Mountain State Park. Anyone interested?

Firefox
firefox
firefox

Back to top Go down

Meeting for Alabama folks Empty Re: Meeting for Alabama folks

Post by Freedom Fighter Tue May 26, 2009 5:26 pm

I'm interested in meeting up

Freedom Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by firefox Tue May 26, 2009 9:27 pm

Me too but either people in our part of the state are involved in their own groups or they are just not interested. I am a single woman and would really like to get involved in a group, not from a militia standpoint but from a survival. I just believe that WTSHTF we will need others in order to survive.

Firefox
firefox
firefox

Back to top Go down

Post by Freedom Fighter Tue May 26, 2009 9:35 pm

Yeah I kow what you mean. A group of outsiders isn't the best anyways. If you're looking from a survival stand point, the best thing is family and close friends. You already know/trust each other. They may not be like minded, and if you can't convince them too well, just prep for others as best you can (as we all should anyways), they'll come around real quick when the shtf. I myself am looking at it from a militia stand point. We have to fight. That's how our country was born in the first place. They fought for these very things. If we can't come up with a dedicated group to actually go out and fight when the time comes, i figure the training can't hurt. But, from the way your talking.... you'd be more like support. Look at the army. Not everyone is a grunt. They have to have supply lines, truck drivers, hell there's even a job for water purification... at least I think there used to be. The fighters have to have help. you can't fight for 16 hours, and then have to get your own stuff. That's where support comes in. Everyone has a job to do, and we'll definetly need people like you to procure the things we need, provide places to sleep and eat and provide information. Everyone is important. You're right, we will need others. No one man (or woman) can do it alone.

Ryan

Freedom Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Freedom Fighter Tue May 26, 2009 9:37 pm

Oh and to add, I'd still like to form some type of group even from a survival standpoint. If ten poeple got together and everyone brought something different to the table, we'd all leave that day learning 9 new things.

Freedom Fighter

Back to top Go down

Meeting for Alabama folks Empty Let's set a date

Post by Freeman Wed May 27, 2009 3:30 am

I have been to a couple of meet up's and the one thing tha tI have noticed is that we need to get our act together in Alabama. I like what freedom fighter said about leaning nine new thing's from 10 people. I am all up for learning survival. I think that we should try to get all the group's together here in Alabama and have one big function in the middle of this state. As long as I am not working on the weekend I will be up to a meetup until Aug. Right now I have every other weekend off. This weekend I will be off work; but, next weekend I will be working until Aug. That is if they do not change my work schedule.

I think that we should really push for sometime in July to have one big meet up. That should be rain or sunshine. Survivalist training does not stop when it start's raining.
Freeman
Freeman
Admin

https://alminutemen.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Meeting for Alabama folks Empty Re: Meeting

Post by Boats Wed May 27, 2009 1:55 pm

July would be good for me!  
Boats
Boats

Back to top Go down

Meeting for Alabama folks Empty Re: Meeting

Post by Boats Wed May 27, 2009 2:01 pm

And since I LOVE riding my motorcycle... I'll travel to just about anywhere!!!!
Boats
Boats

Back to top Go down

Post by Freedom Fighter Wed May 27, 2009 4:27 pm

Central Alabama is good seeing how I live right in the center of it. I've got a good place too. Not my land, but I use it all the time (target practice, we play paintball out there, hunting, camping). No one ever messes with us. But, if you guys are a little uncomfortable with that I might be able to talk my buddy into letting us use some of his 300 acres on a nearby lake. We just can't eat the fish, the water has mercury in it. I'm good with traveling an hour or so to meet up with other groups. Wouldn't mind starting my own though. I have one friend who is like minded, would definetly meet up with us once a month. July is good for me for a big meet up, early June would be great for our first meet that we were discussing in the other thread. perhaps July could be our second, we'd have a few more people to swell our ranks.

Freedom Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by firefox Wed May 27, 2009 9:24 pm

There is supposed to be another Tea Party being planned for the 4th of July in Shelby County I believe. What do you think about planning a meeting sometime that day maybe before the event starts. We could meet and make plans for our next meetup/training.

Firefox
firefox
firefox

Back to top Go down

Post by Freedom Fighter Thu May 28, 2009 4:05 pm

Fine with me, I was planning on going to a tea party somewhere anyways. Maybe all go to the same one. I heard there were undercover FBI agents at the last one on the 15th. Every tea party.

Freedom Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down