Alabama Minutemen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am tired of hearing "where were you the last 8 years?"

4 posters

Go down

I am tired of hearing "where were you the last 8 years?" Empty I am tired of hearing "where were you the last 8 years?"

Post by navkat Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:22 am

I'm tired of being lumped in with racists and being called "extremist."
I'm tired of hearing the phrase "Bubba effect. " We're not stupid and we're not uneducated rednecks--quite the contrary: we make it a point to know the law and respect the Bill of Rights.
I'm tired of being inundated with fuzzy math and even fuzzier logic when it comes to my liberties, duties and tax dollars.
I'm tired of people substituting "civil rights" for "civil liberties" and not being able to comprehend that there's a difference and a very important balance between the two.
I'm tired of militant liberals dismissing my voice and treating with contempt that with which they do not agree. I'm tired of militant neocons doing this too, but it's that much more insulting when someone tells you to shut up and screams in your face that they're doing it for your own good and you're just too stupid to recognize that fact.

And I'm tired of the fact that I'd really love to attend my local teaparty, but I'm almost 100% certain that my likeness and biometrics information will be stored on file as a result--tired of being pretty sure that they're reading this very post and already HAVE a file on me.

navkat

Back to top Go down

I am tired of hearing "where were you the last 8 years?" Empty Re: I am tired of hearing "where were you the last 8 years?"

Post by firefox Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:18 am

I don't care if my likeness and biometric information is stored on file somewhere, I'm going to the closest tea party this evening. I want them to know that I'm not happy with the the direction they are taking us. Take a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj01Sqi0zic. It's both amusing and very much the truth.

Firefox
firefox
firefox

Back to top Go down

I am tired of hearing "where were you the last 8 years?" Empty I'm tired

Post by Freeman Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:56 am

Im' tired of the way this country is headed. I am tired of people being scarred because their information is being stored. I am tired of people standing back complaining and not doing a thing's about it. I believe that if we do not stand up soon then we will loose everything that our fore father's have worked so hard for. I think that navkat could have said it more clearly.
Freeman
Freeman
Admin

https://alminutemen.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I am tired of hearing "where were you the last 8 years?" Empty Re: I am tired of hearing "where were you the last 8 years?"

Post by navkat Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:53 pm

I just got back from the teaparty in Mobile. Got interviewed by Uncle Henry (w00t!) but I got really flustered and didn't speak my mind as well as I could have.

Still, the whole experience was awesome and made me feel a LOT less scared and crazy.

navkat

Back to top Go down

I am tired of hearing "where were you the last 8 years?" Empty Mobile Tea Party

Post by Kodiak Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:45 pm

I was at the Tea Party downtown - along with my wife, daughter, and a couple of friends. It was a great time. As I stood in front of the courthouse and surveyed the gathering people - and listened to the sound of car horns sounding in support as they passed - well, it helps to renew one's faith in the average people of this country.

I spoke with the only two TV reporters who attended - Emily Turner from NBC 15 and April Douglas from Fox 10 - off the record. Both were openly amazed at the turnout - and both told me they were concerned what each of their station's would do to their reports. I missed seeing Emily's report, but from what I've been told, her fears where justified. I saw April's report, but it faired only a little better.

I've been digging through the media coverage of the tea parties for two days now, and I have come to two conclusions:

First, these parties where the birth of a movement (revolution?) that is long overdue. These displays are what America is really all about - people controlling their own lives, and government working for those same people.... It warmed my heart, and has reinforced all of my reasons for being there, and for doing whatever it takes to get this country back from those who are trying so hard to destroy it.

Second, the political powers-that-be, and most of the media, absolutely do not get it. They are clueless. They fixated on the term "Tea Party", and completely missed that what happened Wednesday had almost nothing to do with taxes, and everything to do with an out-of-control federal government.

Unlike what the democrats, MSNBC, and CNN are saying, the people at the parties are not un-intelligent, un-successful, un-patriotic, un- comprehending, or un- American. They are the exact opposite - they are all exactly what this country is really about - they embody the things that our people have fought, sacrificed, and died for for more than two centuries. I was both proud and humbled to be among them.

While I do understand your concerns navcat, they can have my image. Truthfully, they have had files on me for years, so for my part that is a non-issue. I have decided that getting things to the point that my kids never even have to consider that kind of monitoring is well worth whatever price I have to pay.

I think what has confounded the 'opposition' the most is - it all happened legally and peacefully. When was the last time anyone has heard of a million people or more, all across any nation, joining together in a single voice - with no arrests, no fights, no damage?

I, and my family, will be doing everything we can to support and push this movement until the government becomes what it should be again. I hope that you, all of the others who where there, those who wanted to be there and couldn't, will all do the same.
Kodiak
Kodiak

Back to top Go down

I am tired of hearing "where were you the last 8 years?" Empty Proud to be an American

Post by firefox Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:30 am

Hi Kodiak,

It was good to meet you a few weeks ago when I was in Mobile. I was with Striker and his wife.

I went to the Tea Party in Birmingham this past Wednesday. There were approximately 5,000 people at this one and it was great. It was a very positive, patriotic and uplifting experience for me. I proudly stood among all those flag waving, poster-bearing, patriotic American citizens who were all there for the same reason, to let the government know that we are tired of their ways of doing things.

Firefox
firefox
firefox

Back to top Go down

Post by navkat Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:51 am

Haha. I was the girl wearing cat-ears and disco-balls. I had my little boy, Alex with me.

The first minute or so of this YouTube is us:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDlEnzkm6W4

navkat

Back to top Go down

Post by firefox Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:41 pm

Way to go Navkat!!!! cheers

Firefox
firefox
firefox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down