Alabama Minutemen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New recruit here

4 posters

Go down

New recruit here Empty New recruit here

Post by Freedom Fighter Mon May 04, 2009 5:14 pm

Hi all,
this is my first post. I am 21, my AO is Shelby county. I talked to advrt and was going to go to the February 7th FTX, but didn't RSVP because shortly after the sheriff's office called for me to take a test. I am definetly going to be at the next one if I'm not gone to Army OSUT by then.... if I go. Things look to be going downhill quickly. I went to MEPS and passed my physical with flying colors, 1's across the board. Also scored an 85 on my ASVAB. Was told I could not enlist because I required a moral waiver for my 3 traffic tickets (2 minor speeding tickets and a seatbelt) and they quit giving out waivers 3 days before this. I take it as a sign from God I am not to join at this time, and now I see why. It would be terrible to be 10 hours away at an Army post when all hell breaks loose. Anyways, sorry for the winded post. That's me in a nutshell. Looking forward to meeting and working with you all in preserving ours and future generation's freedom.

God bless

Ryan

Last edited by Freedom Fighter on Mon May 04, 2009 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Freedom Fighter

Back to top Go down

New recruit here Empty Re: New recruit here

Post by navkat Tue May 05, 2009 3:40 am

Welcome, Ryan.

The "moral waiver" for traffic tickets makes no sense to me. I knew plenty of people who got in with traffic tickets and no waiver--so long as they paid them before it turned into a criminal matter. I even knew people who got in with a waiver for a criminal record.

I guess the rules have changed...

I hope you find what you're looking for here.

navkat

Back to top Go down

Post by firefox Tue May 05, 2009 1:20 pm

Welcome Ryan,

Glad to have you here. This site as well as several others offer great information and help. It would be great if we could get a N. Alabama group together to meet and talk. There is a gun show in Bham on May 16/17. I will be there the afternoon of the 17th working at the Constitution Party table. I'm hoping there will be others who are there from our area that day.

Firefox
firefox
firefox

Back to top Go down

Post by Freedom Fighter Tue May 05, 2009 6:03 pm

Apparently the rules change all the time, but I do know Obama wants to cut the military. First they start with bonuses, then don't take waivers. It used to be 6 or more tickets, then it changed to 3. It just so happens I have 3 No
My recruiter did say they're bringing back waivers May 26th, so we'll see what happens. And I'll definetly see you there Fire Fox.... love the gun show

Freedom Fighter

Back to top Go down

New recruit here Empty Welcome

Post by Freeman Tue May 05, 2009 9:00 pm

We are all great to have you on here. I think the sheriff's dept. is better than the military right now. I was in the Marines and I know that thing's are not like they were when I got out in 07. I am in law enforcement and I believe that it is the best way to deal with your AO and to get in touch with the right people. If you have any more friends send them to this board. Just your head high and stay as clean as your can. I believe that thing's will be getting much worse and you will be needed close to home.
Freeman
Freeman
Admin

https://alminutemen.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum