Alabama Minutemen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intro thread...

4 posters

Go down

Intro thread... Empty Intro thread...

Post by navkat Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:13 pm

Howdy, I'm Jenn.

I'm a 33 year old mother and US Navy veteran. I was born a yankee; from NY originally, but I moved to Mobile, AL over five years ago and am raising my son here.

I've become a little disillusioned with the role of the US government as of late.

I am a staunch Constitutionalist. That is to say; I believe the US Constitution is King and the original Bil of Rights should dictate the role of government--that We The People must have ultimate authority over government in order for the Republic to work as it should. This does not mean I am a member of the Constitution Party led by Chuck Baldwin--I take a few issues with that party's "interpretation" as well--though I DO believe they're on the right track.

Let me make this clear: I am not a racist. I do not believe in white supremacy or any set of nonsense ideals that place ANY man beneath another. I believe that we were all created equal, fallible men and should be treated as such under the eyes of The Law. However, since being in the south, I've begun to see a few hypocrisies about the Civil War and the role of the Federal Government since then.

This great nation was founded on the spirit of independence and absolute liberty. It was founded on the spirit of freeing your own people from the tyranny of large, central government that would intrude in your private lives and dictate how lawful peace is maintained in your own home.

I am seeing a lot of this sort of fascist tyranny on behalf of the US Federal Government lately. Wiretapping, the USA Patriot act, the so-called "Drug war" and the "Scheduling" of substances (which is just a backdoor to the unconstitutional, abolished 18th amendment), Gun control and the slow, panic-driven abolition of the 2nd amendment and increasing acceptance that the Federal Government (which is a body made up of fallible men with power friends and pretty, framed degrees) has the right, duty and authority over other Freemen to dictate what we eat, drink, smoke, take, marry, carry, say, pay, how we raise our children, what we see, hear and read in the news and how, where, when and under which terms we may assemble (with a permit only!) for redress of grievances or any other reason.

It's scary.

I am angry and frustrated and I don't even know where to begin making a difference. I feel powerless sitting here with my Ron Paul sticker and my single vote cast for Bob Barr. I feel frightened by a government and a society that would label me a "conspiracy theorist" and "a right-wing wackadoo." I feel intimidated by a system that now has the suspicion and authority to interrogate me for wanting to observe my 2nd amendment rights and deem me guilty of "terrorist" leanings without due process.
I resent being searched and poked and prodded and told to "take off my shoes, place my purse in the bucket and get in line" by people who have no oath or obligation to uphold my civil rights. I'm tired of seeing my mindless, frightened fellow man wring his or her hands in fear and proclaim "Well I don't mind giving up a few of my rights as long as I know they're keeping us safe from terror."

And I feel lost.

I am not a violent person. I do not believe that solutions come from hurting other people or behaving in a violent, lawless fashion. I would like to see a new revolution: one based on information and waking people the h*ll up and inspiring them to take their divinely granted power BACK.

But I don't really know how. All I can do is write and talk.

I hope I meet some good people on here. I'm interested in hearing what y'all have to say.

Thank you,
-jenn

Last edited by navkat on Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelling)

navkat

Back to top Go down

Intro thread... Empty Re: Intro thread...

Post by firefox Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:32 pm

Hi Jenn,
Glad to have another woman on this board. Unfortunately there is not a whole lot of activity on this forum but in doing my own searching on the internet there is plenty of information out there in other places on matters of importance. You are in a great part of the state (well of course the NW part being the best....lol...I guess you figured out that's because it's where I live) My daughter is down in Mobile going to college and she loves it. Through this forum I have come to know Striker and AVDRT and they have been very helpful. Let me know if I can be of assistance to you.

Firefox
firefox
firefox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodiak Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:53 pm

Hello Jenn, and welcome.

You did an excellent job of explaining the concerns and frustrations that have driven me and my family of late, with the single exception that my personal quarrel was with members of the Libertarian Party - same result though.

The Federal government has got to realize several things: first among them is simply they work for Us, not the other way around. The basic principle is simple: the power of the government is derived from the people (that's us folks).

The list gets long quickly: too much regulation, too much interference with the State governments, too much oversight, too much tax, too many 'welfare' programs....

It has to stop.

The Federal government was formed around three things: #1 "Provide for the Common Defense" - the military; #2 "Promote the General Welfare" - that means being sure the States all get along and are fairly treated; #3 "Secure the Blessings of Liberty" - that means being sure that NO ONE AND NOTHING intrudes on the rights of the individuals.

To do these things, they do need some things, like the money to operate (hence the IRS or some other equally annoying thing). There are also some things there needs to be a common set of rules for (the FAA for example - planes move too far and too fast not to have some common rules). I will even concede the need for Federal law enforcement like the FBI.

Here's what I don't go for... the IRS being so big and so complex it literally has it's who court system ... the BATFE - will someone please explain the logic of lumping Alcohol and Tobacco in with Firearms & explosives?? or why they should have their own 'law enforcement' agents, instead of leaving that to the FBI like every other federal agency?

I could go on, but it would get so long even I would read it.....

Like you, I truly believe a Revolution is coming - I pray it is a peaceful one, as you hope for. I fear it will not be.

Stay true to yourself - stay true to your principles. No matter how things happen, that is the only way to prevail, and the only way to preserve your honor, and your self respect.

On that note, let me leave you ( and everyone) with a couple links to things that may give you some hope - and at least remind us that we are not alone in our fears and concerns...

Oath Keepers

Soldiers pledge to refuse disarmament demands

The 9-12 Project
Kodiak
Kodiak

Back to top Go down

Intro thread... Empty I completly agree with you

Post by Freeman Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:31 pm

I believe strongly in the message that you are saying. The only true way that we will win is to inform people on the problems that exist and to be prepared for anything that might arise. Make sure that you work with your fellow man to be ready. It will be a fight on both ends (physical and intellectual). I believe that people are waking up to the truth. It is up to all of us to give them the proper knowledge to make an educated decision. I agree with you that it doesn't make any sense to mix Alcohol and Tobacco in with Firearms & Explosives.

Anyone that you might come across sends them to this site.
Make copies of the Obama Deception and pass it out. The best way that I found to do this is to claim that you are taking a college course and working on an assignment that you are conducting a statistical analysis. Most people will not know what you are talking about; but, you can ask them if they voted for Obama. If they say "yes" say "I just wanted to give you this obama documentary for your time” those people will jump for joy to receive a free DVD of Obama. I can tell you this works

Make sure that you write Obama Documentary instead of Obama deception. You will not be lying about it being a documentary. This will help people start realizing that the people in power have the same agenda. This will help to win the war.

Something that I have done also is to try and at least have a laugh at something. This has helped me to be able to deal with what is going on. Thing's are happening so quickly that it is of the up most importance for us to get this information out.
Freeman
Freeman
Admin

https://alminutemen.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by navkat Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:55 pm

Thank you, all of you, who replied with encouragement. As I said to Stryker in a PM: I definitely feel like I'm meeting the right type of people just by coming to this forum.

I have more to say, but I'm super-busy ATM. I just had an break-in incident at my home this week and I'm reminded of how important it is that we do what we can to preserve our second-amendment rights. I feel truly frightened of a day when only those who have malicious intent will be willing and able to keep and bear arms because they will go "under the rader" and do not care about preserving a peaceful society.

*sigh*

I know I have a lot to learn from you folks, and that's why I'm here. In the Navy, we kept the motto of "Learn, Do and Teach." That means that everyone: from officers to Chiefs to lower enlisteds should be willing to humbly learn from one another--to respect those who know more than you on ANY subject whether they are lower-ranking or above you--to gain mastery over those lessons and finally; to pass ON that knowledge to your people AND your superiors. I hold this lesson dear and do whatever I can to apply it to my life as a civilian.

navkat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum