Alabama Minutemen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHY I am so strongly anti-prohibition/anti-drug war

2 posters

Go down

WHY I am so strongly anti-prohibition/anti-drug war Empty WHY I am so strongly anti-prohibition/anti-drug war

Post by navkat Fri May 08, 2009 10:39 pm

Aside from the fact that prohibition was found to be unconstitutional in 1933 with the repeal of the 18th amendment, there are other, more important things on the table here.

First: lets consider USA PATRIOT act title 7 signed into law in March 2006 containing the Combat Meth Epidemic Act which requires all merchants to place a limit on how much, how often and in which specific quantities you may buy cold medicine containing pseudoephedrine. It also requires that your name, address and signature be kept in a logbook on file for each purchase.

As you may or may not know, cold medicines containing pseudoephedrine are a precursor to Methampheatmine production. Basically, the bad guys take this stuff, mix it with ammonia and a bunch of other garbage and create Meth with the stuff. Meth is a very potent form of amphetamine which from what I understand; is highly addictive and can lead to all kinds of off-the-scale problems for the user, such as temporary or permanent insanity, dental decay and cardiac arrest.

I don't want to see anyone take that sh*t. But the US Constitution is not in the business of protecting people from themselves.

The fact remains that the only thing article 7 accomplishes is to collect and track the private data of law-abiding citizens for the "suspicious activity" of buying cold medicine. Retards who are hell-bent on producing this sh*t will either steal the Pseudoephedrine--sometimes even using violence in the form of armed robbery--or come by it using other black-market vehicles.

And there's more. The coining of the phrases "Homegrown terrorism" and "narco-terrorism" raise some very frightening ambiguities in the scope and reach of Homeland Security. To buy into, or let slip the concept that substance use (or passionate dissent over the internet) can be construed as an indirect act of terrorism is a but a tool to pit us against our fellow citizens and divide us further into manageable, obedient bite-sized pieces for a federal government who would consume us with bureaucracy and convoluted access to the very justice system which is propagandized as warm arms of government designed to protect us.

If ever there were a threat to your Constitutionally-protected, divinely granted liberties, it is the drug war and the "War on Terror" and even worse: the combining of the two.

And here is more evidence:
http://www.stjoenews.net/news/2009/feb/13/bill-targets-prepaid-cell-phone-buys/

You hear that? They want to start tracking the sale of pre-paid cellphones the way they do for cold medicine. In the name of what, folks? In the name of The Almighty, all-encompassing, far-reaching, nepotistic contract money pit that is known as the Drug War.

I know that many of you are dead-set against substance use, and that is your right and in most cases; commendable. But recognize this: when you get into the business of being in other people's business, you open the floodgates for an abusive, opportunistic government run by lobbyists, contract-companies and unethical corporations to get into your own.

And it never stops.

Thank you.

navkat

Back to top Go down

WHY I am so strongly anti-prohibition/anti-drug war Empty Re: WHY I am so strongly anti-prohibition/anti-drug war

Post by AVDRT Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:35 am

I have never supported the War on Drugs or the War on Terror.

The War on Ignorance would be another story and I would have to wrestle with that for a while. If the Constitution is not in the business of protecting us from ourselves could it be that it is also not in the business of making sure we have the knowledge to care for ourselves?

You are right though. It never ends...

AVDRT

Back to top Go down